THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER
44 | 55 | 60 | 63 | 67 | 73 | 77 | 83 | 85
ENHANCED LOW-END. GREATER CONTROL. HIGHER TOP SPEED. Mission. Accomplished.
This year we continue the introduction of the new iSonic concept design in 4 new sizes : 60, 63, 77 and 83. Our new iSonics fly over the water with unprecedented control and confidence. Calm and composed in rougher conditions, they accelerate relentlessly and freely without sticking, while enhanced jibe capability ensures even more competitive overtaking potential at critical jibe marks. The revised outlines are significantly wider at 20cm off the tail, while maintaining original tuck line on the cut-outs. Extra leverage off the fin improves light wind range, while behind the fin, we added Arrow cut-aways and moved the rear footstraps further back. Finally, we optimised mast track positions further back. Those changes deliver a significant difference on the water, especially when racing fully powered up.
Arrow Cut Aways
Our new Arrow Cut Away design is featured on the 67, 73 and 85. It’s a diagonal cut away behind the fin that gives you a super loose ride. Do you remember how a board loads up when hitting a gust? That feeling is history.
The new shapes got a wider tail while keeping the tuck line of the cut away unchanged. The result: More power for light wind and critical overtaking maneuvers. More control in tricky conditions.
The rear foot straps are further towards the back. This allows for less surface in the water and thus increases top end speed.
Mast track further back
Along with the back footstraps, we moved the mast track, further back which makes the board ride even more free.
Double Step Cutaways
Double Step Cutaways for added release and increased speed.
Drake Slick Footstraps
The Drake Slick footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance. Carefully sourced with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel.
• iSonic Speed Luderitz - A board that was developed to beat the 50 knots Barrier in Luderitz. In 2013 Juergen Van Der Noord achieved this windsurfing milestone on this board. Developed together with Ian Fox, this is the only speed board on the market with cut outs. Thanks to this feature it’s the only 44 wide board to go past 50 knots.
• iSonic 55 - An ultra compact speed slalom board with a length of only 225cm. Light riders will appreciate the ability to keep the board on the water in high winds and open ocean speed sailors the top end speed. Developed with Matteo Iachino and Tristan Algret in extremely choppy water in Vietnam, this board was developed for ultimate high wind control and speed.
• iSonic 60 - Tested in rough chop in Tarifa by Blanca Alabau, Matteo Iachino, Nico Prien.
- Main development around the very end of the board, because the board is flying over the water with mainly the tail touching
- Wider outline at the back foot for more control, board doesn’t fly away, maintaining a better calmer on water trim.
- But at the very tail the outline is more narrow, working like flaps, the board is more free
- The combination of better control and more free ride improves top end speed.
- Wider tail at back foot helps with jibing exit to keep planing
- DEFI wind weapon for maximum high speed
- We recommend a 32cm carbon fin
• iSonic 63 - Tested in rough chop in Tarifa by Blanca Alabau, Matteo Iachino, Nico Prien.
- main development around the very back end of the board, because the board is flying over the water with mainly the tail touching (same as 60)
- this board was already really good in the lower end for its size and easy to make it fly
- we wanted to make it more locked and extend the windrange in the high end
- we also developed a wider outline at the tail (without the narrowing behind the strap, same as 60)
- this evolves the same effect we discovered last year on 67, 73 and 85: As the windward rail lifts, the leeward rail gets pushed into the water. With a wider tail there is more support under the leeward rail; the board remains stable and never flies away.
- as a result we have more volume in the tail which maintains power and low end performance, but in strong gusts, the nose remains trimmed and level.
- we recommend a 33cm carbon fin.
• iSonic 67 - Our best ever. This is hands down the best slalom board we have ever made. Adding 1.5cm wider outline in the tail we drastically improved efficiency and speed in lighter winds. The new tail cut-aways changed in line with the 73 and 85, allowing you to fly the board freely over the chop. The most exciting feature about this board is the incredible control. No matter how windy or how choppy it is, the nose will never fly away. You just have to try it to experience how good it is. It’s the perfect medium size board for light riders and women.
• iSonic 73 - Maintaining the 2022 developments with increased width to 73cm at the widest point and the proven extra 2cm at the rear footstraps and leaving the tuck line unchanged. These updates ensure you have more power in lighter winds and in critical situations, for example when overtaking your friends! As the wind picks up you can get even more release thanks to our new Arrow cut-away design at the very end of the tail, which means less surface in the water and higher top end speeds. To top it off, we moved the rear foot straps and the mast track further back. You will be blown away by how much control you can have while flying this new board design over the water surface.
• iSonic 77 - Developed in the lighter winds of Thailand together with the 83, the new iSonic 77 optimises rider stance and mast track rearwards, freeing the ride while improving fin leverage and easier control. Everyone was faster on this version. The hip outline combination ensures more performance in light winds, where the windward side of the board is more in play, while also improving competitive jibing. iSonic 77 adds confidence in stronger winds; most especially when harsh chop starts to challenge speed.
• iSonic 83 - Developing the new iSonic 83 allowed us to ensure the new evolution improvements now benefit all sizes of the 2023 iSonic range. Improving both peak and average speeds, the versatility of the new outline designs was positive at every test. And through every turn. Consistency in ride and feel across all sizes allows riders to change board sizes without any need to adjust style, technique, or rider confidence, an important advantage in the heat of professional PWA competition. Or your local beach.
• iSonic 85 - With foils becoming a true challenger to the big slalom boards, our most notable change in the new iSonic 85 was the increased tail width, giving you so much more low end power. This revised tail section gave significant control improvement; as the board starts to fly away in strong gusts, the tail section becomes activated and the nose trim stays lower, ensuring optimal control. And performance. The tuck lines remain unchanged, while tail cutaways in line with the smaller iSonics make this large board feel super loose under your feet.
• CARBON REFLEX – THE FLAGSHIP CONSTRUCTION - The iSonic Carbon Reflex is our flagship range. The light weight allows you to get going easier, plane through wind holes and get the best top speed. Carbon Reflex is our most evolved construction, giving you the best control when hitting chop and waves. Decks are built with the lightest grade of biaxial and uni-directional carbon fibre orientated between 45, 30 and 0 degrees for optimized flex and reflex characteristics. The bottom of the boards use an even lighter grade of uni-directional carbon fibre from nose to tail, with an extra 45 degree biaxial carbon layer in the tail area for added torsional stiffness.
• CARBON SANDWICH - Ultralight weight, premium value and using more environmentally friendly materials. The bottom is built in full T700 uni-directional flat-woven carbon for maximum stiffness while the deck is 60% carbon, alternating between uni-directional and bi-axial carbon layers for optimized flex. The composite sandwich layers include the use of ultra-high density PET and PVC foam.
|Model||iSonic Speed Luderitz Special||iSonic 55||iSonic 60||iSonic 63||iSonic 67||iSonic 73||iSonic 77||iSonic 83||iSonic 85|
|Technologies||Carbon Reflex Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich||
Carbon Reflex Sandwich | Carbon Sandwich
|Length||225 cm||225 cm||225 cm||225 cm||228 cm||228 cm||228 cm||228 cm||228 cm|
|Width||44 cm||55 cm||60 cm||63 cm||67 cm||73 cm||77 cm||83 cm||85 cm|
|Tail Width||25,6 cm||35,5 cm||39.3 cm||41.1 cm||45.8 cm||50.1 cm||55.5 cm||59.5 cm||60.3 cm|
|Thickness||9,8 cm||10,7 cm||11.0 cm||12.2 cm||13 cm||13.2 cm||11.8 cm||11.8 cm||11.7 cm|
|Bottom Shape (Tail To Nose)||Flat Vee||Flat Vee||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Flat Vee to Mono Concave||Flat Vee to Double Concave||
Flat Vee to Double Concave
|Footstraps||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange||
4x Slick Straps Yulex Flouro Orange
|Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin||Without Fin|
|Fin Box||Tuttle||Tuttle||Tuttle||Tuttle||Tuttle||Deep Tuttle Box||Deep Tuttle Box||Deep Tuttle Box||Foil Box|
|Sail Range||4.5- 5.6||4.7-6.2||5.0-6.2||5.5-7.0||6.2-7.8||7.0-8.6||7.8-9.2||7.8-9.5||7.8-10.0|
|Weight Reflex Carbon Sandwich +/-5%||4,2||5||TBA||5,89||6,06||6,52||6,63||6,9||7,2|
|Weight Carbon Sandwich +/-5%||5,5||TBA||TBA||6,7||7,1||7,4||7,7||8,2|